Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited and its subsidiaries including companies or organizations that control, are controlled or are under control by the Company which may mostly have the same shareholders or directors (hereinafter referred to as “MTL”, “the Company” or “We”) highly respect your privacy and are aware of the responsibilities in relation to collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data and/or delivery, transfer of your personal data to others.
MTL greatly values your trust and confidence in us and is committed to processing and protecting your personal data accurately and appropriately. Therefore, it is also very important to us that you understand about methods and procedures for the collecting, use, processing and disclosure of personal data.
1.Personal Data Collection
Types of personal data that MTL collects, uses, processes and/or discloses depends on purpose of your consent. In this regard, MTL aims to collect only personal data necessary or related for compliance with the Laws, entering into a contract and/or receiving service or extra services from MTL. To not provide some type of personal data, grant consent, and/or to revoke consent for collection, use and/or disclosure of data may cause the Company inability to process your request, or provide service to you, or have limited actions.
When you provide any personal data related to third parties to the Company (the third parties shall include, but not limited to, insureds, family members, premium payers, or beneficiaries), you hereby certify and guarantee an accuracy of such personal data. You also certify and guarantee that you have completely informed those parties of the details of this Policy.
The following personal data will be collected when you enroll for our services, purchase our products or receive/use any MTL services.
• Personal data from your applications or other forms during registration or filling out to request for MTL’s products/services, such as name-surname, identification card number or other identity card number, phone number, date of birth, gender, postal address, email address, financial data, work history which may include employer’s name and address, health data and signature. However, it depends on applications/forms that you fill out;
• Financial data such as income, source of income, bank account number, tax information, bank account activities, loan details, investment information, credit card details, and details or information about payments;
• Data relating to your offenses such as criminal record, civil record or other offense records, police officer report and related court orders;
• Details about products and/or services that you have received from the Company or other insurance operators such as insurance policy number, sum insured, policy amendment/transactions, premium payment method, premium payment record or loan record, beneficiaries, claims, including exercising of rights under policies, or products or services of the Company or other insurance operators;
• Status about anti-money laundering, combating the financing of terrorism, and bankruptcy, the US law pertaining to a prevention of tax evasion by US natural persons or US entities (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act: FACTA) and Common Reporting Standard: CRS;
• Data about your transactions with MTL such as job application, life insurance agent application, bidding, policy data, policy coverage, premiums, and payment history which includes credit or debit card information, bank account number or other banking or payment information including dates and times of payments, medical history, MTL customer service centers usage history. This depends on type of your transaction;
• Data from your visits to www.muangthai.co.th or other websites or applications that MTL operates, use of websites and applications of MTL, use of social media sites and interactions with online advertisements of MTL such as browser type and version, type of terminal device that you use to access the services (PC, laptop, or smartphone), operating system and platform, IP address of your terminal equipment or device, location, information about the services and products that you view or search;
• Records of your contact with MTL in the forms of customer notes, satisfaction survey, research and statistics, or call recordings, inbound telephone number or voicemail or image recordings (and audio recordings for some cases) through CCTV camera when you contact MTL’s Customer Service Center or contact via VDO call services (both image and audio recordings) as well as any data shared via different media such as SMS, social media applications, FAX, Chat application and emails, etc.;
• Data that you provide to MTL when you request for additional information regarding MTL’s products or services or request that MTL contact you back;
• Contact data and other data, such as your identification card number or other identity card number, phone number, and demographic information given to MTL when you agree to participate in any of our activities, competitions, prize draws, campaign events, or research surveys;
• Data about your social media profile when you use your social media credentials such as Facebook, Twitter, and LINE to login to or interact with MTL services such as your social media account ID, interests, likes, and friend list. You can control this privacy option made available to you by the social media service provider in your social media account setting;
• Other personal data which consent is required by laws, the Company will notify you and ask for your consent before collecting data or according to legal period.
Sensitive personal data It is necessary for the Company to collect the sensitive personal data such as health record which may include smoking and drinking behavior for purchasing or using our products. Such information is necessary for insurance underwriting, services and claim payment. If you do not consent to the processing of sensitive personal data, the Company will not be able to provide any products or services to you.
2.How to Collect or Acquire Personal Data
• MTL collects and gathers your personal data form source of personal data and/or in the following ways:
2.1 The personal data that you give directly to or through MTL, or held by MTL by your use of products and/or services, contact, visit, joining activities, search via service channels and/or MTL’s contact channels such as;
(1) Personal data that you provide to MTL, for instance, the communication between you and MTL, be it in writing or oral, data that you provide when you register or create a personal profile with us to use our service, or data that you provide in insurance application forms including supporting documents, service request forms or information requests or other requests relating to products or services from MTL, and supplementing documents to applications/forms that you submit to MTL as well as data that MTL receives when you voluntarily complete customer surveys or feedbacks via papers, calls, messages, message boards or emails; or data when you receive services at MTL customer service centers;
(2) Personal data that is collected automatically via cookies or similar technologies when you use MTL services such as mobile application activity and mobile device type. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about these technologies and why and how MTL uses them;
(3) Data that is collected as a message, photo, and sound when you contact with our personals, customer service officers, sell officers, life insurance agents, life insurance brokers, authorized insurance intermediaries, contractors, partners, service providers, attorneys, representatives, other persons or other agencies related to the Company (hereinafter referred to as “personals and partners of the Company”) through website, application, online social media, phone, email, contact in person, interview, SMS, FAX, postal, VDO Call service or other ways;
(4) Your personal data that the Company obtains when you participate in our marketing campaign events, competitions, prize draws, events, or research surveys which may hold by the Company and/or personals and partners of the Company or our business partners.
(1) Your personal data that the Company obtains from third parties for the purpose of complying with laws, regulatory and legitimate purposes, for example, the Company may receive your personal data from the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC), Anti Money Laundering Office (AMLO), government agencies and/or legal regulators;
(2) Your personal data that the Company may obtain from its subsidiaries and/or from third parties that is essential and related to services such as other insurance companies, reinsurance companies, life insurance agents, life insurance brokers, banks or financial institutions, information service providers, business partners and service providers of business partners, social media provider connecting with the MTL’s services, hospitals, Company’s business partners, online social media, online platform of third party, public data sources (such as Government Gazette), a person having legal authority or legal right, any other person or agency with which MTL has a legal relationship as well as other service providers that the Company considers that such service will benefit you etc.;
(3) Your personal data that the Company obtains from public and non-public records.
For some of our services, such as
• MTL Fit Application: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data and health data e.g. heart rate, calories burned, cycling distance, sleep time, weight, height for BMI calculation, steps for point calculation, and/or collect personal data in other ways such as conversion of E-stickers to Smile Points, activity photos for any particular purposes to that service;
• MTL Click Service Application: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data such as data from your applications or other forms during registration or filling out to request for services, data about transactions, data about insurance policy, and data amended by you, and/or collect personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service;
• Smile Service: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data such as data from your applications or other forms during registration or filling out to request for services, data about transactions, data about insurance policy, and data amended by you, and/or collect personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service;
• Telemedicine Service, Health at home Service, MTL Global Doctors and/or Other health services: It may be necessary to collect your personal data and health data such as name-surname, date of birth, identification card number or passport number, gender, phone number, email and health data to proceed with the registration of Telemedicine, and/or collect personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service;
• LINE BCRM Service: It may be necessary to collect your additional personal data and health data e.g. policy data, phone number and/or other electronic devices of the applicants who have downloaded and installed LINE application for LINE account, and/or collect your personal data in other ways for any particular purposes to that service.
In such cases, the Company’s terms of service explain the service-specific personal data processing activities. When you subscribe for one of our services, you will have the opportunity to review the terms of service and will be asked to give the consent according to laws.
3.Objectives of Collection and Use of Personal Data
MTL uses the personal data you provide when you visit or use our services to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the data and to enhance your experience with us. The purposes for which your personal data may be used are as follows:
3.1 Objectives requiring consent
MTL shall collect, use and / or disclose your Personal Data based on consent for the following objectives.
3.1.1 Collection, use and/or disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data for which MTL cannot apply other lawful basis but must request explicit consent. Such objectives shall be;
• Health record data, disability data, criminal record, and sexual behavior which MTL shall collect, use and/or disclose only when necessary for the use of enter to the contract (such as life insurance contract) and/or services of the Company only. Criminal record shall be used for examination and/or confiscation of related property;
• Biometric data for identification and authentication, voice biometric of the Company;
• Data on religion and race such data collected from a copy of national ID card or passport of some countries which MTL needs to use as evidence of identification and authentication only.
3.1.2 Analyses, research and/or conducting statistical data including those for development, improvement of products and/or services of MTL, other companies under control by the Company, business partners and/or other juristic persons that require your consent in accordance with law.
3.1.3 Direct marketing, marketing communication, news, special offers, promotional information, and benefits related to products and services which may be other products and services of the Company, affiliates, or the Company’s business partners in a manner that exceeds the data subject's expectations, such as sending marketing communication messages to the data subject who has never had a business relationship with the Company before and never expected to receive marketing information from the Company.
“Direct marketing” means communication by any means for advertising or marketing by communicating directly to a specific person.
3.2 Objectives requiring other lawful basis other than consent
3.2.1 It is necessary to comply with contracts which you are a counterparty, or proceed your requests before entering into such contracts;
• Giving consultation, advice and/or any other data related to products and/or services, analysis and assessment of customer demand, assessment of vulnerable customer;
• Underwriting your applications for individual insurance, group insurance. Or to carry out reinsurance of product and/or service of the Company for you;
• Contacting with you, delivering documents for products and services operation, and managing relationship between the Company and you;
• Completing transactions, for examples, processing your premium payments, providing life insurance policy services, processing claims, or exercising your policy rights, including a right of subrogation, and the subrogation right obtained (if any);
• Considering making payments according to life insurance contracts and riders (health, accident, critical illness insurance and others)
• Processing your requests submitted via the Company’s forms through life assurance agents, life assurance brokers, authorized insurance intermediaries, customer service center, the Company’s branches office, our websites or mobile applications such as providing a quote for one of our products;
• Analyzing financial data to offer financial products that match your needs;
• Investment advisor service, credit service, appointment of life insurance agents or life insurance brokers, employment, outsourcing, memorandums of cooperation or another contracts, etc.
3.2.2 It is necessary for complying with laws;
• Complying with the provisions of laws, rules, regulations, agreements or applicable policies made by law enforcement agencies, government agencies, dispute settlement bodies, insurance business regulators or other regulatory agencies, such as, life insurance law, insurance commission law, securities and stock exchange law, anti - money laundering law, counter - terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction financing law, labor protection and social welfare law, taxation law, electronic transactions law, computer crime law, FATCA/CRS law, personal data protection law, bankruptcy law and other laws with which the company is required to comply, either in Thailand or other countries, including regulations and rules issued under these laws, which are now being enforced, to be amended or to be enforced in the future;
• Compliance with the order of court, the government agencies, company supervisory agencies, competent officers under the law.
3.2.3 It is necessary for legitimate interests of the Company, individuals or other juristic persons, unless such interests have lower value than basic rights of your personal data;
• Administering our services for internal operations, including problem diagnosing, troubleshooting, internal audit or account audit, risk management, prevention and assessment of risk, which may be incurred from providing MTL’s service, Conducting database on business risk to MTL;
• IT operation, communication system management and prevention, response and mitigation of IT risk and cyber threats;
• To contact in case where you have dropped off the application for products and/or services to facilitate you in case you wish to reapply for the products and/or services of the same type with the company, or offering other products and/or services that you may have an interest in;
• Providing and improving our products and services, including administering, maintaining, managing, and operating such products and services;
• Conducting the Company’s businesses, such as data analysis, audit, design/development of new products, enhancement or change of the Company’s services, monitoring of service usage trends, monitoring of the effectiveness of the Company’s promotional campaigns, organizational restructuring, business expansion and conducting of the Company’s transactions;
• Managing relationship between the Company and you e.g. participating in Muang Thai Smile Club activities;
• Authenticating or confirming your identity or when you return to your MTL online or application accounts to ensure that all of our communications with you are secure and confidential;
• The Company may process the behavioral data of using websites, applications, or social media platforms in order to analyze how you use websites, applications or social media platforms and understand your preferences, to customize those websites, applications or social platforms specifically for you, to evaluate, process and improve those websites, applications or social platforms or our products and/or services, to solve problems, recommend relevant products and/or services and post advertisements on websites, applications and other audience-based channels;
• Sending administrative information to you, for examples, information regarding the services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
• Conducting market research, advanced analytics, statistical or actuarial science research, financial report or evaluation by the Company, the Company’s group, staff or partners of the Company or regulators relating to the Company;
• Analysis, research and/or conducting statistical data for development, improvement of products and/or services within the company such as analysis, research, marketing research, conducting statistical data analysis of your data and/or conducting report for MTL’s internal use;
• Asking you to participate in our surveys in order to provide you with better customer service experiences as well as arrange activities and seminars for you;
• For marketing activities such as;
o Consideration of customer groups for sending them invitation to join activities or sales promotion as appropriate;
o Submission of the offering of products and/or services, privileges for attending activities, events or meeting held by the company, including facilitation for joining activities (such as registration for event);
o Offering of products, services and/or privileges that you have requested or notification of your benefits;
o Offering of products and/or services of the same type/close to those of MTL or other companies under control by the Company which you are using;
o Organization of sales promotional activities (such as provision of benefits and gifts);
o Personalizing relevant services to you according to your profile;
o Making suggestions and recommendations to you of our products and/or services that may interest you;
o Sending marketing information and informing about promotional offers to you as further explained in the section on “Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes”.
• Maintain legitimate benefits such as debt collection, litigation or other legal processes;
• Satisfaction survey and assessment after use of products and/or services;
• Checking comments and/or to proceed as you requested;
• Management of complaints or management of illegal incidents or suspicious incidents such as fraud, money laundering, terrorism and mass destruction weapon proliferation, crime, intellectual property infringement including management planning, examination, surveillance, evidence collection, reporting, and/or detection;
• Checking data of job applicants and contacting with them;
• Use of CCTV, control of entry/exit of MTL’s premises for security purpose;
• Managing, collecting, recording, storing, conducting customer database or recording data in the system or database or destroying personal data;
• Participation, coordination and/or assignment of work to another person to perform on behalf of or in collaboration with MTL such as for design of products or services, design of customer service experience, design of process or support of the delivery of products and/or services;
• Complying with the provisions of the Company’s internal policies;
• Taking any actions that we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to investigate, prevent and detect illegal activities or suspected illegal activities; (b) under applicable laws; (c) to comply with legal process and hearing; (d) to respond to requests from government authorities and the state including government authorities and states outside your country of residence; (e) to enforce the Company’s terms of service and personal data announcement (f) to protect our operations; (g) to protect rights, privacy, safety or property of the Company, you or others; and (h) to allow the Company to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
3.2.4 It is necessary to perform our duties for public interests or exercising legal authority;
3.2.5 It is for prevention or suppression of danger to life, body or health of individuals;
3.2.6 Historical records, chronicles, research or statistics is created for public benefits which the Company will conduct the appropriate preventive measures to protect your rights and freedom;
3.2.7 It is necessary for establishment of legal claims, compliance with laws or exercising legal claims, or contestation of legal claims.
Other purposes that are not mentioned above, but will be specifically stated at the time we request your data, or when data is collected and used according to the legal exclusions.
You may choose not to allow the Company to collect certain information requested by the Company. However, choosing not to provide certain information may hinder the ability to conduct transactions, services between the Company and you, and the response to your requests. For example, the Company may not be able to proceed to enter into insurance
contracts with you or the Company may not be able to provide you with the services relating to the Company’s products or other services, including claim services.
4.Protection of Personal Data
Protection of your personal data is important to the Company. The Company establishes data security policies and procedures as well as restricts access to your personal data to those individuals, such as our certain employees and agents, who need it to perform their jobs in providing you with our products and services. We require those individuals whom we permit access to your personal data to protect it and keep it confidential. The Company maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory standards to guard your personal data.
When the Company contracts with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that your personal data is kept secure.
Technology used for online and network security
The Company has implemented various suitable security measures to prevent personal data breaches, and has made effort to ensure the safety of your personal data stored in our system. Your personal data will be stored on secure networks and can only be accessed by authorized persons. The data security system adopted by the Company is in the same standard of the internationally accepted systems used by the banks, including both technologies and measures to protect personal data theft. In addition, the Company has a process of testing and continual improvement of the information technology systems to ensure that your personal data is taken care and protected with the highest security measures.
5.Retention Period of Personal Data
• Your information will be kept by MTL as long as it is necessary taking into consideration our needs and purposes for which we collect and process it, including compliance with legal requirements under applicable laws;
• Even though you end relationship with us, the Company shall continue collecting, using and disclosing your personal data as necessary according to the laws for legal interests, or the data shall be kept in a form that identity cannot be directly or indirectly identified such as an “anonymous” technique;
• For insurance, the Company shall continue keeping your personal as necessary regard to proceeding to achieve the mentioned-above purpose for not over 12 years since our relationship ends or your last contact with the Company. Based on the applicable laws and regulations, we shall continue keeping your personal longer than specified;
• To comply with period and prescription according to applicable laws. Your personal data shall be kept in appropriate format of data type. However, the Company may need to keep your personal data longer than the legal prescription under some circumstances such as submission of maturity benefit to the life insurance fund or the case is under legal prosecution, etc.;
• The Company will take the appropriate procedure for deleting, destroying or anonymizing your personal data according to the personal data retention period mentioned above.
6.Disclosure of Personal Data
The Company shall keep your personal data confidential. However, in the event that applicable laws allow or the disclosure of such data is necessary to achieve the purpose of processing personal data or other related purposes above, the Company may provide your personal data to other parties for the following cases.
6.1 Government agencies or public authorities to complying with applicable laws, responding to requests from government agencies or public authorities or otherwise cooperating with authorities pursuant to a legal matter, responding to matters of personal or public safety, in litigation, investigations, and other legal matters where the personal data is pertinent, investigating security incidents, enforcing our terms of services such as the Office of Insurance Commission (including but not limited to the purpose of regulating and promoting of insurance business according to insurance commission law and life insurance law. You can see privacy notice of the Office of Insurance Commission at https://www.oic.or.th), the Anti - Money Laundering Office, The Office of Securities and Exchange Commission, the Revenue Department, courts, police officers, Office of Personal Data Protection Commission, the Office of Consumer Protection Commission, etc.
6.2 Associations, agencies or any other person as necessary to perform duties under laws or regulations or for protection of MTL’s rights, third party’s rights, which may include any related legal procedures such as the Thai Life Assurance Association.
6.4 Personal data disclosure with business partners or third parties such as;
• MTL may use another company, business partner, MTL’s agent, sub - contractor or external service provider to conduct business operation on behalf of MTL or to support the provision of MTL’s products and/or services to you such as data analysis, data processing, credit card processing, information technology and related infrastructure provisioning, customer service platform development, email/SMS delivery, website development, mobile application development, reinsurance, satisfaction survey and research, and customer relationship management. We only share your personal data with them so that they can assist us to provide/deliver our services for the purposes stated in the section “Objectives of Collection and Use of Personal Data” above such as National Digital ID Company Limited, Cloud computing service providers, Property valuation service providers, Marketing service providers, Document storage providers, destruction of documents service providers, online social media providers, Payment channel service providers, Printing house or print service providers, Document or parcel delivery providers, Provider of concierge services, Telecom operators, IT technology support and security service provider;
• We also share your personal data with third parties such as policyholder in case of group insurance, reinsurance companies, reinsurance broker companies, other insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, insurance agents, insurance brokers, financial institutes, financial advisors and/or investment advisors to offer, underwriting, processing insurance benefit, processing claims or provide products and/or services of the Company or our subsidiaries.
• Advisors/experts such as auditors, external auditors, legal advisors, tax advisors, credit rating companies, other advisors or experts for the benefit of MTL’s business operation.
• Any other third party: the company may disclose your personal data to any other third party for the objectives as specified in this Policy such as the persons with whom you have entered into a contract or have relationship relating to transaction (such as reference person, guarantor, mortgagor, provider of securities and beneficiary or embassies for document certification), banks or other financial institutions where you have shared transaction, issuer of securities, securities registrar, fund manager, custodian or other asset management companies related to your transaction, members of National Digital ID Company Limited, card schemes (such as VISA, Mastercard, JCB, UPI), universities or educational institutions, users of MTL’s e - KYC services, online social media provider, public or ordinary people.
To disclosing personal data, we take steps to ensure that your personal data remains protected and that they which we share the data with will process it in accordance with our instructions and will not use it for their own purposes or benefits. Such measures may include entering into appropriate contracts with them.
In case that you grant consent, the Company may disclose your data with individuals or partners so that the Company can offer you our products or services. You can check lists of the individuals or partners that we share your personal data with from www.muangthai.co.th. Lists of the individuals or partners of the Company may increase or decrease based on the Company’s regular update.
7.Transfer, transmission and/or delivery of personal data to a foreign country
Your personal data may transfer, transmits, collects or processes by the company or delivers to entity or others department as detailed above which may located inside/outside Thailand. However, the Company shall formulate standards of agreements and/or business contracts with agencies, organizations that will receive such personal data based on acceptable personal data protection standards and applicable laws in order to ensure security of your personal data.
The Company shall transfer, transmit and/or deliver data to a foreign country under specific circumstances, for example:
• Applying reinsurance/underwriting reinsurance with reinsurance companies /reinsurance broker companies/other insurance companies, based outside Thailand;
• The Company collects and/or transfers, transmits personal data for retention in a foreign country;
• Other services relevant to insurance policy such as MTL Global Connect Service etc.
The Company shall transfer, transmit and/or deliver data to a foreign country once personal data recipients have adequate personal data protection standards, for example:
• Cloud processing by secure organizations;
• Retention of personal data by encryption or other means that cannot identify the data subject which must have international security standard.
8.Use of Sensitive Personal Data
For some MTL’s products or services as well as for the purpose of personal data collection, the Company needs to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data such as race, ethnicity, political opinions, doctrine, religion or philosophy, sexual behavior, disability, information of labor union, heredity, and biological data. For such cases, the Company shall request your consent to collect, use or disclose the sensitive data. We shall explicitly inform you in order to proceed according to the purpose unless legal consent is not required for collection, use or disclosure of sensitive data..
9.Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
10.Rights of Personal Data Protection Law
You can exercise your rights as stipulated by law and this Policies currently available or to be amended in the future, including criteria determined by the company. If you are less than 20 years old, or have limited capacity to perform juristic acts under the law, you may request your father and / or mother, appointed guardian or authorized person to express the intention to exercise these rights on your behalf.
10.1 Right to withdraw consent
You are entitled to withdraw the consent that you have previously given to MTL to collect, use and disclose your personal data (whether such consent has been given prior to or after the personal data protection law is enforced), at any time during which your personal data is held by MTL, unless there is right restriction by law or there is a contract which is beneficial to you which remains valid. The collection, use and / or disclosure of your Personal Data which was undertaken before the withdrawal of your consent shall not be affected.
However, the withdrawal of your consent related to and required for the service request may prevent the company from complying with the contract or providing services to you, or may cause the transaction or any other related activities to be suspended or temporarily discontinued (such as it will affect the company’s underwriting, insurance policy benefit payment or any services in connection with insurance policy, which will consequently cause the company to be unable to perform as stated under the terms and conditions of the insurance policy, with the result that you will not be able to receive coverage according to the insurance policy), or may affect your knowledge of products and/or services, for instance, you may not receive the offer of products and/or services, benefits, promotions or other new offers, or may not receive alternative products or services which are more in line with your needs, or may not receive news and recommendations that are beneficial to you, etc. For your own benefit, you should determine and inquire about the potential impacts before deciding to withdraw your consent.
10.2 Right to access
You are entitled to have access to your personal data under MTL’s responsibility and to request MTL to provide you duplication of your personal data and inform you of how your personal data has been obtained.
10.3 Right to data portability:
You are entitled to request your personal data which has been processed by MTL to be in a format that can be read or used in general with an automated device or equipment, and can be used or disclosed via automated methods. You are also entitled to request MTL to send or transfer your personal data of said format to other data controllers if it can be processed via automated method, and to request personal data of said format which is directly sent or transferred by MTL to other data controllers, unless it cannot be processed due to technical difficulties.
Your aforementioned personal data must be personal data that you have granted consent to MTL to collect, use and/or disclose or must be personal data that MTL needs to collect, use and/or disclose for your use of MTL’s products and/or services in accordance with your intention wherein you are a contract party with MTL or for undertaking operations per your request before using MTL’s products and/or services or must be other personal data as determined by competent authorities.
10.4 Right to object
You are entitled to lodge an objection to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data at any time. If the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data, to which you lodge an objection, is undertaken under legitimate interest of MTL or any person or any juristic person, or for public benefit, MTL shall continue to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data only if MTL can provide legal reasons that the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data is sufficiently important, or is undertaken for the establishment, defense, use of, or compliance with, the rights to claim in accordance with applicable law, as the case may be.
In addition, you are entitled to lodge an objection to the collection, use and / or disclosure of your personal data which is undertaken for objectives related to direct marketing or for the purpose of scientific, historical or statistical studies and research.
10.5 Right to deletion or destruction
You are entitled to request MTL to delete or destroy your personal data or make it anonymous if you believe that your personal data has been collected, used and/or disclosed illegitimately, which is not in compliance with applicable laws or if you deem that it is no longer necessary for MTL to keep your personal data under the objectives of this Policy or when you exercise your right to withdraw consent or your right to object as mentioned earlier.
10.6 Right to suspension
You are entitled to request MTL to suspend the use of personal data if MTL is conducting an investigation per your request to exercise your right to rectification or right to object, or for any other case wherein it is no longer necessary for MTL to keep your personal data and MTL must delete or destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws, but you have sought to request MTL to suspend the use of your personal data instead.
10.7 Right to rectification
You are entitled to rectify your Personal Data to keep it accurate, up - to - date, complete and not misleading.
10.8 Right to lodge complaint
You are entitled to lodge a complaint to relevant competent authorities if you believe that the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data violates or does not comply with applicable laws.
Cookies are text files on computers that collect standard internet log information and your website visitor behavior.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the website's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information as well as your website visitor behavior. While a code in the cookie file enables the site to label you as a particular user, it does not identify you by name, address, or other information unless you have provided the website with such information or set up preferences in your browser to do so automatically. When you visit the Company’s websites, your data will be collected via cookies or similar technologies automatically.
You may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on your browser. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
For more information, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
How the Company uses the cookies
Why the Company uses the cookies
• It helps us remember your preferences based on previous or current website activities, which enables us to provide you with improved and tailored services for your future visits;
• It enables us to perform advertisement effectiveness analytics and website analytics;
• It compiles aggregate data about website traffic and website interactions in order to offer better website experience and tools in the future;
• For safety and prevention of unauthorized login to your account.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. Moreover, the website stated above explains how to opt out cookies from your browser. However, such setting may prevent some features on the Company’s websites.
If you choose to opt out of cookies that we use for advertising purposes, we will stop using cookies, but please be noted that this does not mean that you will not see advertisements when you visit our websites, it only means that the advertisements that you will see will not be tailored to your interests.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear gif or transparent gif, are small invisible 1x1 pixel graphic images which may be placed on certain pages of MTL website. They are used for a number of purposes, including but not limited to, to count visitors to a website, to track traffic pattern of visitors as they navigate websites, and to track whether emails that are sent are opened or whether the content is viewed. Web beacons are usually used in combination with cookies to track activity on a website of a particular device. If you turn off cookies, the web beacons will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
13.Data Analytics by Third Party
MTL may use third-party web analytics service i.e.
16.Data Protection Officer
The data protection officer is appointed to investigate operations related to collection, use or disclosure of personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 and the Company’s policies, regulations, announcements, rules, as well as coordinating and cooperating with the Office of the Personal Data Protection Commission.
You can contact the data protection officer, via the following channels.
Office address: Muang Thai Life Assurance PCL 250 Rachadaphisek Rd. Huaykwang, Bangkok, Thailand 10310, address to “Data Protection Office”
Office tel.: 02-275-4385 ext.5376
17.Contact the Company
• Customer Contact Center Tel. 1766
• By mail at Muang Thai Life Assurance PCL 250 Rachadaphisek Rd. Huaykwang, Bangkok, Thailand 10310, address to “Data Protection Office”
• Data protection officer according to the information above
18.Contact the Authority
If you intend to make complaints or if you feel that the Company cannot properly respond to your concern, you may contact the Office of the Personal Data Protection Commission according to the procedure prescribed in Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562.